Stretch Mark & Scar Treatment
Stretch Mark & Scar Treatment Specialists
The appearance of stretch marks varies, as everybody is different. They might look like:
- Blue, purple, pink, or red streaks
- Indented lines or streaks
- Bright streaks that fade at the ends
Some stretch marks are faint in color or flesh-colored, while others are dark and stand out significantly.
Stretched skin causes stretch marks. Your risk of developing them increases if you:
- Have a family history of stretch marks
- Are pregnant
- Are female
- Rapidly gain weight
- Are overweight or obese
- Undergo breast enhancement surgery
- Take certain medications
While you can’t always avoid stretch marks, maintaining a healthy weight, eating a balanced diet, and getting regular exercise reduces your risk of developing them.