MD Touch Aesthetic and Wellness offers a Supervise weight management program, including evaluation by a trained physician and supervision by a certified Nutritionist. We use semaglutide (commercially known as Ozempic), an FDA-approved drug for weight management, combined with other injectables, metabolic enhancers, diet, and exercise.
The supervised program is recommended over the unsupervised use of this type of medication, like semaglutide. These drugs can have unpleasant gastrointestinal side effects like nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea and should be administered with paying attention to dosage and frequency. In the case of severe symptoms, management by a physician may be necessary.
By having the support of our medical staff, measures can be taken to ameliorate the adverse side effects. In addition, the assistance and education you will receive will increase your chances of reaching your weight loss goal and provide you with the tools to keep the pounds off.
One aspect which negatively affects the success of any weight management program is that the individual does not know what and why certain drugs and supplements are used. It is extremely important to educate each client about the benefits, side effects, and potential risks of whichever medications or supplements they are given.
Many people are getting semaglutide in its different commercial forms, and they are using it without medical supervision. To all of them, beware that semaglutide is not a risk-free medication, and if taken incorrectly, it can have severe adverse reactions.
Drugs and Supplements use in our Weight management.
- is a medicine used with a reduced calories meal plan and increased physical activity that may help adults with obesity, some children aged ≥12 years with obesity, or some adults with excess weight who also have weight-related medical problems to lose weight and keep it off. For adults with an initial body mass index (BMI) of ≥30 kg/m2 (obesity) or ≥27 kg/m2 (overweight) in the presence of at least one weight-related comorbid condition (e.g., hypertension, type 2 diabetes mellitus, or dyslipidemia)
- The most common adverse reactions (incidence ≥5%) are nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, constipation, abdominal pain, headache, fatigue, dyspepsia, dizziness, abdominal distention, eructation, hypoglycemia in patients with type 2 diabetes, flatulence, gastroenteritis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, and nasopharyngitis.
- Warnings and Precautions (Rare occurrence, but patient needs to be aware)
- Risk of Thyroid C-Cell Tumors: Patients should be further evaluated if serum calcitonin is measured and elevated or thyroid nodules are noted on physical examination or neck imaging.
- Acute Pancreatitis: Acute pancreatitis, including fatal and non-fatal hemorrhagic or necrotizing pancreatitis, has been observed in patients treated with GLP-1 receptor agonists, including semaglutide. If acute pancreatitis is suspected, discontinue semaglutide promptly, and if acute pancreatitis is confirmed, do not restart.
- Acute Gallbladder Disease: Treatment with semaglutide was associated with an increased occurrence of cholelithiasis and cholecystitis. Cholecystitis was reported by 0.6% of semaglutide patients. Substantial or rapid weight loss can increase the risk of cholelithiasis.
- Hypoglycemia: semaglutide lowers blood glucose and can cause hypoglycemia. Patients with type 2 diabetes taking semaglutide ® with an insulin secretagogue (e.g., sulfonylurea) or insulin may have an increased risk of hypoglycemia, including severe hypoglycemia
- Acute Kidney Injury: There have been post-marketing reports of acute kidney injury and worsening of chronic renal failure, which in some cases required hemodialysis, in patients treated with semaglutide. Patients with renal impairment may have a greater risk of acute kidney injury, but some events have been reported in patients without known underlying renal disease.
- Hypersensitivity Reactions: Serious hypersensitivity reactions (e.g., anaphylaxis, angioedema) have been reported with semaglutide. If hypersensitivity reactions occur, discontinue using semaglutide treat promptly per standard of care, and monitor until signs and symptoms resolve. Use caution in a patient with a history of anaphylaxis or angioedema with another GLP-1 receptor agonist.
- Diabetic Retinopathy Complications in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes: In a trial of adult patients with type 2 diabetes, diabetic retinopathy was reported by 4.0% of semaglutide ® patients and 2.7% of placebo patients.
- Heart Rate Increase: Mean increases in resting heart rate of 1 to 4 beats per minute (bpm) were observed in semaglutide adult patients compared to placebo in clinical trials. If patients experience a sustained increase in resting heart rate, discontinue semaglutide
- Suicidal Behavior and Ideation: Suicidal behavior and ideation have been reported in clinical trials with other weight management products. Monitor patients for depression, suicidal thoughts, or behavior, and/or any unusual changes in mood or behavior. Discontinue semaglutide in patients who experience suicidal thoughts or behaviors and avoid it in patients with a history of suicidal attempts or active suicidal ideation.
- The addition of semaglutide in patients treated with insulin has not been evaluated. When initiating semaglutide consider reducing the dose of concomitantly administered insulin secretagogues (such as sulfonylureas) or insulin to reduce the risk of hypoglycemia
- Semaglutide causes a delay in gastric emptying and has the potential to impact the absorption of concomitantly administered oral medications. Monitor the effects of oral medicines concomitantly administered with semaglutide.
WARNING: RISK OF THYROID C-CELL TUMORS
- In rodents, semaglutide causes dose-dependent and treatment-duration-dependent thyroid C-cell tumors at clinically relevant exposures. It is unknown whether semaglutide® causes thyroid C-cell tumors, including medullary thyroid carcinoma (MTC), in humans, as the human relevance of semaglutide-induced rodent thyroid C-cell tumors has not been determined.
- Semaglutide® is contraindicated in patients with a personal or family history of MTC or patients with Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia syndrome type 2 (MEN 2). Counsel patients regarding the potential risk for MTC with the use of semaglutide and inform them of symptoms of thyroid tumors (e.g., a mass in the neck, dysphagia, dyspnea, persistent hoarseness). Routine monitoring of serum calcitonin or thyroid ultrasound is of uncertain value for early detection of MTC in patients treated with Semaglutide.
- Severe hypersensitivity reactions, including anaphylaxis and angioedema, have been reported with Semaglutide®.
MIC + B12= Methionine/ Inositol/ Choline + Cyanocobalamin.
- B12/MIC boosts energy & discourages the onset of general fatigue.
- B12 is a water-soluble vitamin involved in metabolism that helps the body use fat & carbohydrates for energy & to make new proteins.
- Methionine is an essential amino that speeds up fat removal within the liver & neutralizes toxins, promoting lean muscle growth.
- Inositol & a healthy diet can help initiate modest weight loss. It is an essential amino that plays a critical role in metabolic function.
- Choline is shown to help build lean muscle mass. In addition, it is an essential nutrient that helps to regulate memory, mood, muscle control & many other functions.
- Complements a healthy lifestyle to break through plateaus.
- Gentle & effective for sensitive stomachs.
- B12/MIC is most effective when used as part of a healthy lifestyle, including a balanced diet & regular exercise.
- When used in combination with diet & exercise, it enhances the body’s ability to break through weight loss stagnation.
- Cited to support and encourage lean muscle building in athletes.
- Is energy on the ‘GO”? Many fat burner supplements are available today, but Turbo-Fit contains ingredients that have clinical studies behind them. Contain among other nutrients:
- L-carnitine (transports fat to the mitochondria to burn for energy)
- Chromium Picolinate (well-known carb blocker).
- MIC (essential amino acids)
- CLA (used for metabolizing saturated fats)
- Use daily in the morning for a burst of energy or as a pre-workout before hitting the GYM or your favorite athletic activity.
- Since it does not contain caffeine, it will not cause an unpleasant racing heart rate, gitterning, or gastrointestinal upset.
- If you’re looking to substantially boost your health and well-being, you might want to consider glutathione—often referred to as GSH.
- Glutathione is a molecule found in every cell in the body composed of three amino acids [cysteine, glutamic acid, and glycine] coming together to make a simple protein. Here’s what it does—an antioxidant that quenches all the free radicals before removing them from your body.
- In fact, glutathione is “the most important antioxidant in the world” because it can neutralize the toxic chemicals we’re exposed to regularly, such as heavy metals, cosmetics, and pollution. Yet starting around age 25, the body’s natural ability to produce glutathione begins to wane while these modern-day environmental stressors further deplete our levels.
- When the oxidative stress [which is defined as an imbalance that leads to cell and tissue damage] becomes too high in the body, then we start seeing all kinds of diseases: Obesity, diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, metabolic disorders—we can even go as far as cancer,” he states.
- Glutathione is naturally found in protein (like beef and poultry), greens (like kale and spinach), and sulfur-rich cruciferous veggies (such as broccoli, cauliflower, and Brussels sprouts). Consuming foods high in vitamin C, including citrus fruits, kiwis, and strawberries, can also enhance glutathione levels, she adds.
- Supplementation is another option. Daily consumption of 500-1,000mg of glutathione supplements can be effective at increasing the storage of GSH.
Benefits of GHS
1. Reduces oxidative stress
2. Helps improve insulin levels
3. Can lessen side effects of type 2 diabetes
4. Decreases risk of heart disease
5. It May help liver function
6. Helps prevent obesity
7. May aid in fighting autoimmune issues
8. Could help battle COVID-19
Glutathione side effects and risks
The FDA (Food & Drug Administration) says glutathione is “generally recognized as safe.” However, it’s essential to keep in mind that the National Institutes of Health (NIH) states that the majority of supplements contain active ingredients, which could cause a reaction.
People sensitive to sulfa may break out in a rash from glutathione. However, every once in a while,” people who use his low-dosage (100 or 175 milligrams) topical treatment will experience “a minor rash that quickly dissipates.” These individuals should lower the dose to better suit their needs, he advises.
Of course, if you believe you’re experiencing side effects of glutathione, be sure to reach out to a medical professional.
- Over the past fifteen years, Secretropin® has been praised for its ability to increase the production of Growth Hormones. Used as a natural alternative to human growth hormone injections, Secretropin® is ideal for those who are looking to improve their physical appearance and combat the signs of aging.
- BEDTIME ONLY: Place 2-4 sprays under the tongue and hold for 30 seconds before swallowing.
- HGH helps to maintain, build, and repair healthy tissue in the brain and other organs. This hormone can help to speed up healing after an injury and improve muscle tissue after exercise. This helps to build muscle mass, boost metabolism, and burn fat. HGH is also said to benefit the quality and appearance of the skin.
- How Does Secretropin® Work?
As a secretagogue, Secretropin® enhances the signals sent to the pituitary gland that tells it to secrete more HGH, and it works with the body’s natural systems rather than eliminating the body’s production of HGH, which often occurs with HGH injections.
- Secretropin® combines natural amino acids to increase the production and release of biological human growth factors. This unique formula allows patients to experience the same results as they would receive from getting HGH injections without damaging the body’s natural ability to produce HGH and Somatostatin.
Benefits of Secretropin® HGH Treatment
- It increased immune support.
- Improved muscle tone and exercise performance.
- Improved and deeper sleep.
- Reduction in wrinkles and fine lines.
- Firmer skin.
- Increased hair growth and vitality.
- Improved memory and sharper vision.
Any diet plan works. But if it is not accompanied by proper education and the personal commitment to change poor eating habits and poor lifestyle choices, the sacrifices we make will be in vain. Very likely, you will end up gaining all the weight back and maybe more.
Educational resource prepared by Carlos Jurado, MD
May 29, 2023